Tuesday, September 2, 2008

To Begin......Again, and again, and again....


That's really what it's about isn't it?? Okay, this is my second attempt at bloggling....I mean blogging :) Maybe that's my problem...Why are beginnings so dang hard?? I don't know about you, but it's like the first of anything. I just want to be like 2 weeks "into it". Whether it's a new job, first day of school, first time bungy jumping (not that I've ever done that, or want to), but it's like let's just get that "first one" out of the way....so here, it's out of the way. Done. Almost. Okay, the jeans and a sweatshirt thing....


Just for the record, I do not always wear jeans and a sweatshirt. Like yesterday I was at the local water park, and I was NOT in jeans and a sweatshirt. Yikes. Or today. Sure it's September 2nd here in Northern Illinois, and it's topping out at 92 degrees. Definitely not jeans and a sweatshirt weather - just the "second week of school" weather. The only 2 days of the whole summer that we hit 90+. Cool! No, hot actually... I just prefer weather that calls for jeans and a sweatshirt. Give me colored leaves, football, hot chocolate, apple orchards, cider doughnuts, Thanksgiving, more hot chocolate, more doughnuts, and of course a good pair of jeans (preferrably Levi's) and a hoody sweatshirt..
There, first post down. More to come...hopefully!:)

Later,
Cindy

11 comments:

Z-girl said...

You go girl! It is always an awesome feeling to have a first under the belt, so celebrate that! I look forward to following your thoughts and musings and getting the courage to do my first post. (I set up my blog page about 6 months ago :-) Take care!

Kari said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I'd prefer a fall day over this 90 degree stuff (although only only two all summer isn't that bad)...hearing the rustling of leaves under the feet, cozying up at night under blankets, waking up to a brisk morning, pumpkins, Thanksgiving, vivid colors....ahhh, i can't wait!

BTW, your blog looks awesome! Well done, my friend! I think you could give me a few tips now. Smile! I'll definitely be tuning in for more to come...

Sue said...

woo hoo!! you did it & it's awesome. love the name!
a sweatshirt day in the fall is one of my "favorite things" too.

i tried to figure out how to have my picture show up but couldn't get it to work. have to have one of you experienced bloggers help me out.

can't wait to read more!!
keep 'em coming!
sue

cherie said...

Great job. I wouldn't even know where to start. I will look forward to your postings. And, I too love the Fall. I love the whole hazy, soft, snuggly feel to it. I was talking about it with friends at lunch today and one said she loved sweatshirt and shorts weather. I guess that's a little warm, but not too warm. :)
Keep it coming!

Patrick said...

First Facebook, now you're a Blogger! I'm starting to get all misty eyed!

Patty said...

Great first post!! I am with you, I like cooler temps and fall is my fav time of year. Football a must and cider doughnuts...yum

Have a great rest of the week.

Blessings,
Patty

Becky said...

Jeans and sweatshirt? Sounds like winter to me : ) I'm hoping my brother turned on the air conditioning. Ninety two is too hot to rebel against the wrong temperature in the wrong month. If you want to rebel, wear jeans and a sweatshirt when it's September but turn the air on for the family at least! LOL This is fun. I'm looking forward to keeping up with you from afar.
Becky

Dianne said...

Great start Cindy! Can't wait to read more. I'm a Fall kind of person too and Spring too. Love those changing leaves and really love the mountains during the Fall. Hopefully cooler days are coming and you can enjoy those jeans and hoodies.

Sharron said...

Cindy, what a beginning! I so enjoyed reading this and I love that photo! I too love the coolness of the air and the leaves change in color. I agree with you, getting started! That's the key, isn't it? I can't believe your temperature yesterday.....it was cooler here in Al. tha there. Strange somehow that so much farter north was so much warmer.

Hang in there and keep it going. You are doing great. Have a wonderful weekend and take care.
Much love
Sharron

Karen said...

Great start to your blog!
Fall has always been my favorite time of year, and there is nothing better than living in jeans and sweatshirts!

Mmmm...wish you hadn't mentioned hot chocolate and doughnuts! I can't get them off my mind!!!

Karen

Megan said...

Woo hoo! You got it out here- nicely done!

As for the weather bit... I have a really hard time with 90 degrees and fall leaves at the same time. Especially when I am lounging in the pool trying to get a tan with leaves falling down all around me... it happened Monday and it was very wierd!