Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's a "James Taylor kind of day"

Hey Friends,
I don't know about where you are, but here in Northern Illinois, it is cool, cloudy, and a soaking rain has been coming down consistently for at least 24 hours. Sometimes rainy days make me sad, but usually it's a more specific emotion. Perhaps melancholy, contemplative, "slow"; not necessarily negative, just "rainy". On days like this I am "encouraged" to reflect on my life, and the people in it. I really am blessed beyond measure; besides the stuff in life that I have been provided with, it's the people and relationships that matter the most to me.
We are doing a study at our church based on the book, One Month To Live. It's interesting to talk to others and think about what would take priority if we had a mere 30 days left. Over and over, I hear the same thing. People. Relationships. If they're broken, people want to fix them. If they're precious, we want to enjoy them. Sure, the laundry's got to be done, and groceries have to be bought, dinner made, bills paid; but perfection and tasks take their rightful place - down the list quite a ways. Maybe the "list" itself gets pitched. So, on a day like this, I "do" things, but in the back of my mind, I reflect on those people who are most important to me...
For your listening pleasure..... enjoy, reminisce, maybe even pick up the phone. (txtng dsnt count!)


J.T. still has it...

5 comments:

Karen said...

Ah, James Taylor is one of my favorites.

I enjoyed your post, and the book y'all are studying at church really sounds interesting and thought provoking.

We have finally had a drizzly day here--cloudy all morning and rainy now. Not sweatshirt temps yet though!

Karen

Megan said...

Wow Cindy, three posts down! I am so glad to see that you are keeping up with it. I have really enjoyed reading, and look forward to more!

Sharron said...

Cindy, great post and JT does still have it(less hair but same great voice). That song is a classic.
We are getting some rain today and the temp is supposed to be down later in the week.....maybe even below 70 at night but not quite the sweatshirt weather you are experiencing! Fall is upon us.
Have a blessed week!

Sharron

Dianne said...

Definitely a James Taylor kind of day! And yes - he still has it. One of my favorites of his oldies is "You've Got a Friend" which goes right along with your reflecting on life and the blessing of great friends. God is so good to bless us that way and the Hartselle siestas are blessed in having a new friend from Illinois. Have a very good week!

Kari said...

Gotta love James Taylor...he's one of the best!